This section of our website sets out the basic explanations for the fiancée and wife visa to the UK, as well as information on spousal visas, for spouses and civil partners of Britons or people with permanent residency in the UK to enter the UK.

22 February 2017. Supreme Court rules that financial claims on spousal visas are legal

Conjugal visas

If you want to get married in the UK, whether with a UK resident or non-resident, you need to apply for one of the special categories of visas. You can find out more information by following this link.

Marriage Visitor – for marrying in the UK without remaining in the UK
UK Fiance Visa – for marrying a UK citizen
UK Spouse Visa – immigration category for spouses of UK citizens
UK de facto partners
Preparing applications under all of these categories is a time-consuming and laborious process. You need to be very careful about collecting the necessary documents, so we strongly recommend that you seek help from immigration professionals.

Family life does not always work out well and sometimes it comes to domestic violence. Spouses of people who have a permanent residence permit or UK citizenship, or EEA nationals, are entitled to remain in the UK and be granted permanent resident status if the relationship ends because of domestic violence.

The European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms sets out fundamental rights that must be guaranteed to everyone, regardless of race, religion, nationality or membership of any social group. Article 8 defines the rights to respect for the private and family life of everyone living within the boundaries of Council of Europe countries and applies to all immigration decisions taken by the authorities in the member states.

UK immigration law is very consistent. This means that you have a realistic chance of obtaining the necessary visa if you meet the requirements of one of the categories and comply with all the conditions for obtaining a visa. Our job is to help you understand all the legalities, meet all the formal requirements and exercise your right to remain in the UK.

Write A Comment