UK Fiancee Visa

Fiance Visa is for people who wish to marry a UK citizen but who are living in a different country. The visa is granted for a maximum period of 6 months and during that time, the parties must formalise their marriage in the UK.

If, due to exceptional circumstances, the marriage ceremony is postponed for a period of time, the visa can be extended.

Both future spouses must be at least 18 years old.

Those arriving on a Fiance visa are not eligible to work in the UK. The inviting partner (sponsor) must show that he/she has an income of at least £18,600 a year.

One of the prerequisites is that the future spouses must prove that they have met before and know each other well as well as show an intention to live together permanently after the marriage.

The Fiance visa applicant must prove that he/she has an English language proficiency of at least A1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The applicant must take a language test from the Home Office approved list before applying for the visa.

As for the minor children of the Fiance visa applicant, they can come to the UK as dependants. But applying for dependant visas on a Fiance visa is a complicated and time-consuming procedure, so immigration specialists recommend applying for dependant visas for children after the applicant has formally married a British citizen.

After marriage, it is possible to apply for a Spouse/Civil Partner Visa without leaving the UK.

UK Spouse/Civil Partner Visa

After getting married, the spouse or partner of a UK citizen should apply for a Spouse/Civil Partner Visa.

Civil Partner refers to a partner in a legally registered same-sex marriage.

The visa is for 33 months for overseas applicants and 30 months for UK applicants. This visa can then be extended for a further 30 months.

The Spouse/Civil Partner visa allows you to live and work in the UK without restriction for the duration of the visa. The holder of a Spouse/Civil Partner visa may apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK provided that the spouse has lived together in the UK for five years, the marriage has not been dissolved and the applicant intends to settle permanently in the UK.

Write A Comment